The Neos 2.0.2 branch is officially frozen - 2.1 ahead

Good morning folks,

For those not familiar with the terminology, I’d like to clarify what “The Neos 2.0.2 branch is frozen” means. It’s in reference to updates or modifications (aside from any necessary potential critical updates) in the current wallet. The reason this is done, is to establish a base foundation for Neos 2.1 to develop on top of and keep everything consistent. As I’ve mentioned in my screencasts, 2.0.2 was only a partial update to the Neos structure, internals, and features. The next step forward is for Neos 2.1 which will require quite a bit of intricate development to be done properly. I had already began planning and soft-coding what’s required after 2.0.2 was released. New feature requests and modifications will be addressed after 2.1 is released.

In the interest of being as completely transparent as possible, my days typically start with me checking e-mails, twitter, the forums and IRC for any possible support requests or bug reports. If there is anyone needing help, I address those matters first and foremost and then provided everything else is running smoothly on the network and noone needs help I’ll move forward with development for the day. My days typically run from anywhere from 4:00AM until about 1:00AM. Phark works on the core of Neos, while I work in other areas primarily. So our development while it’s not a large team of developers working to release code quickly - it’s a tighter development process in which we strive to release code more correctly.

If anyone has any questions regarding Neos, what we’re working on or anything at all - please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m at the community’s disposal and always have been.

Best regards,

syntaks

I just wanted to jump in and update everyone that we’re nearly there for Neos 2.1. In testing I found a few oddities which I’ve been working on and refining. So far, so good. I’ll keep everyone posted regarding the status and if anyone has any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

syntaks

So, does the term “frozen” mean that 2.0.2 will not run? I currently cannot log into my NEOS wallet, it does absolutely nothing after entering in my pw.

Thanks…

Hey snots,

There was a major update the other day that affected many of the system files after discovering a bug. That was fixed, but a reinstall + wallet import is necessary. After that, you’ll be able to log in with the fixed release. It was a bug that surfaced regarding the update system and a few other minor issues but we were glad it did. If you need help handling this, I’d be more than happy to do it all for you remotely.

Best regards,

syntaks

Ok, great. I think I can remember how to replace the wallet.dat file, if not I will let you know.

Thanks

Just let me know if you need a hand with anything at all

So, im reinstalling NEOS but after entering password and hitting install, its just sitting there saying “installing” for the past 20 minutes?

Ok, nevermind, I guess it doesn’t give you a “complete” prompt. I left the page open, because it says not to close it and hit the open wallet tab again and everything seems to be good to go!

Sorry for the confusion there. I’m going to see about revamping that a bit to give more detail. I’m glad everything is working well now though. Just let me know if you need a hand with anything at all.

Best regards,

syntaks

Are we able to update yet?

Yep, you bet. Feel free to click “Update Now”

I am having a problem not being able to see the last 30 transactions from kickasspools into my wallet. I can see under the transaction ID that it says “not yet redeemed”? all the transactions have been confirmed and it has been 2 days since they went through. I have checked to make sure wallet address is correct and nothing has changed. I also have the same question to kickass pools but it seems its on my end?

Here is one of the ID links

http://explorer.neoscoin.com/tx/5c73b7aeb4ef363dec086007425ebb4484304e360274d75a7d771e0c0b934b13

NM…weird, they all just came through 5 minutes ago. Sorry for the false alarm.